Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Ive been working out and look more toned and better but my weight going up is getting to me?

Ive put in a lot of hard work eating healthy and working out

People say I look slimmer but the weight gain because of the muscle is a bit disheartening as Id like to have lost weight 

5 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If you can fit into smaller clothes and you APPEAR to be more slim, why does it matter what the # on the scales is? Seriously. Muscle is desirable tissue. The more muscle you have, the faster your metabolism, so the more calories your body burns even at rest. I'd MUCH rather be 155 lbs with extra muscle, and in a size 8 clothing than to be 140 lbs, no extra muscle and in a size 8 clothing. 

Body composition matters. Losing fat and losing weight aren't the same. You gained muscle, not fat (both of which have weight). 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Muscle is more dense than fat. If you take body pics now then take more in a few months you'll be able to notice the different better. When you see yourself every day the gradual changes don't stick out much but it will for others who haven't seen you in a while.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Muscle weighs more than fat, when you put on muscle you will weigh more.  You need to do cardio to burn calories and shed pounds.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

inch for inch, muscle is HEAVIER then fat .................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Less working out and more stretching.

Try Yoga. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.