Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 1 month ago

I try to impress people on facebook but feel ignored, should I come off it?

I have lovely family and a few close friends

I tend to be liked but Im very introverted and spend a lot of time alone although I enjoy nights out now and then and love time with my best friend

Thing is with Covid my life has got even more isolated so Im on facebook more than usual

I upload photos and things to try and get some approval or attention but I notice other people ted to get a lot more attention than me, although I make an effort with my friends on there I dont really get it back

I enjoy some parts of facebook like seeing friends and family, but feeling ignored and less important than others is getting to me a bit

Favorite Answer

Once Facebook starts making you feel ignored, low, bad about yourself, etc. that's a good sign it's time to delete it. It'll be hard the first few months without it but eventually you'll adjust and wonder how you ever spent so much time on there in the first place. You'll begin to feel a lot better about yourself without relying on the dopamine rush of online approval.

Same here. Don’t worry about it

• Daniel

Not really no its not a Big Deal if that Upsets you then you need to get off Facebook 

• A

You don't need approval or admiration from other people so stop looking for it.  Self esteem comes from within

Yes, you're wasting your time, it's much better for you long term if you just remove yourself from the validation treadmill altogether.