Okay, is it me?  I just watched  "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood".....which critics raved about.  Can someone explain to me what I missed? ?

I thought the movie was absolute GARBAGE.  I kept waiting for the good parts to start...........and then the credits rolled. 

Is it me?  Was that movie any good?  What was the GOOD part? 

@ Junebaby --I gotta agree........I think Tarantino is grossly over rated. 

I do think DiCaprio is good......but the movie as a whole,  just wasn't all that. 

@ Rebel......well, that was part of the let down......I thought they were leading up to the real world events....... not some make believe fantasy ending. 

Yeah, sure, we all *wish* it ended like that..........but it didn't-  

And was that the point of the whole movie , to show that one last BS  scene? 

• Mrs H
    Favorite Answer

I would say it isn't just you, I only seen and read previews and had no interest 

• Steve

To each their own, but I thought that the ending was rather refreshing. If you knew the actual story, you could feel the tension and anticipation of what was about to happen. The whole idea was to eventually connect to the Manson family and it did that. If the movie ended true to life, you wouldve either had a dull ending (although maybe shocking to see) or you wouldve had to drag it out a bit and add disclaimers about the current bios about the Manson crew. That kind of thing is done enough and people who know that story probably know the fate of Manson and his crew.  It just wasnt the way that you would have wanted it done. Thats cool. A direct telling of who Manson was and how he got his "family" wouldve been a much different movie and not as interesting to some I imagine. If you just wasnt feelin it, you just wasnt feelin it. The whys I dont know the answer to. Is that even important? Just go on to what you like in movies.

Most people generally liked the final scenes with the Manson family and the attempted home invasion.

Some people had already assumed that the film was not going to follow the real world events, like in Inglourious Basterds, so it was only a matter how the film will end.

Hollywood automatically gives awards to any thing Tarantino and DiCaprio do.

The GOOD part was when it was over! It stunk, I agree.