Anonymous

Covid exposure.?

Okay,  I'm living with my sister who tested postive for covid. I've told my employer about my situation took the test right away and it came back negative. My question is, I thought if you are exposed to someone who has covid you're still supposed to isolate yourself atleast 10-14days even if your test came back negative? (I took the test as soon as I found out she was positive) . HR told me I have to return to work because I tested negative anyway and just to keep distant to my sister who has covid. I dont know Im abit confuse.. was the HR right? 

HR is wrong.  

First, if you're still living with her, then you can get it from her, even if you "keep distant". One (or both) of you would have to move temporarily.Second, the test isn't always right.  So you might have it.

Third, until the virus gets to the part of your body that they swab, the test would be negative.  So even if the test was perfect, which it's not, you might have COVID.

Oh no it is a high chance it could come back positive.stay away it takes about 2 weeks for symptoms to appear and to manage.your manager is a dumb *** to get people sick.if people don’t do what they are suppose to do people will keep getting sick dying and losing everything.

Since you're living with your sister, there is no way you can distance yourself from her enough to avoid breathing the same air as her.  But you would do well to go to work, and work as long as you can, before you get symptoms and test positive yourself.  At that time, you will be required to self-isolate and won't be able to work.  So no income.  If HR says you must come back to work, then do so, but in the privacy of your own thoughts, consider it satisfying revenge that eventually you WILL get covid and will spread it around the office.  Hopefully the HR person will be one of those who get it.  Then remind her that sh4e insisted you go back to work.