? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Julia or Victoria?

Which name do you prefer? Julia was my grandma's name and is sentimental to me. I think its elegant yet classic. I do like Victoria but I don't like the NN Vicky and my husband doesn't like the nick name Torrie. You would have to call her by the full name. Thanks for your help!

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Julia because it has so much meaning. Victoria is beautiful but she would eventually want to go by a nickname . Whether it’s Vicky or Torri. So if you don’t want a nickname I would go with Julia.  I wouldn’t use Julia Victoria as someone suggested. It doesn’t flow 

• Lion
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Victoria. I might steal this name. Lol.

• 1 month ago

Definitely Victoria

• 1 month ago

Both are beautiful but I prefer Julia! I'm not a fan of the nickname Vicki, sorry. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I prefer Julia, but Victoria is lovely, too. You could always use Ria or Vix or something else as a nickname.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nicknames do not have to be based on the actual name.  A nickname can be anything.  My sister-in-law named her son Christopher and his "nickname" was Adam.  (Adam is his middle name.  They never call him Chris or Christopher - they always call him by his middle name)

Also - "Vic" is another option as a nickname.  Sure, it is usually used as the male version for Victor, but there is really no reason that "Vic" couldn't be used for a girl who is named Victoria.

• Moya
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Julia Victoria 

Julia Vickie/Vicky

Julia  

• Topaz
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Julia is cute. Victoria will be called Vicky off the bat. Try Julia Victoria

• 1 month ago

My Name Is Julia and I love my name. Some people call me jules as a nickname or jewjewbe.

• 1 month ago

They’re both classically pretty and I don’t think you can go wrong here. If neither of you like the nicknames for Victoria you’d have to either insist they call her the full name (which I don’t think is too much to ask) or go with Julia. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.