? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Julia or Victoria?

Which name do you prefer? Julia was my grandma's name and is sentimental to me. I think its elegant yet classic. I do like Victoria but I don't like the NN Vicky and my husband doesn't like the nick name Torrie. You would have to call her by the full name. Thanks for your help!

Favorite Answer

Julia because it has so much meaning. Victoria is beautiful but she would eventually want to go by a nickname . Whether it’s Vicky or Torri. So if you don’t want a nickname I would go with Julia.  I wouldn’t use Julia Victoria as someone suggested. It doesn’t flow 

• Lion

Victoria. I might steal this name. Lol.

Definitely Victoria

Both are beautiful but I prefer Julia! I'm not a fan of the nickname Vicki, sorry. 

I prefer Julia, but Victoria is lovely, too. You could always use Ria or Vix or something else as a nickname.

Nicknames do not have to be based on the actual name.  A nickname can be anything.  My sister-in-law named her son Christopher and his "nickname" was Adam.  (Adam is his middle name.  They never call him Chris or Christopher - they always call him by his middle name)

Also - "Vic" is another option as a nickname.  Sure, it is usually used as the male version for Victor, but there is really no reason that "Vic" couldn't be used for a girl who is named Victoria.

• Moya

Julia Victoria 

Julia Vickie/Vicky

Julia  

• Topaz

Julia is cute. Victoria will be called Vicky off the bat. Try Julia Victoria

My Name Is Julia and I love my name. Some people call me jules as a nickname or jewjewbe.

They’re both classically pretty and I don’t think you can go wrong here. If neither of you like the nicknames for Victoria you’d have to either insist they call her the full name (which I don’t think is too much to ask) or go with Julia.