CESAR asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Why did Spock die in Wrath of Khan?

Couldn't Data or another robot entered the reactor to shut it off.

Captain Kirk: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most human

Favorite Answer

Data was at least one generation in the future.

Spock died because it was in the script. "The needs of the one and the needs of the many conflict" was one of the reoccurring themes of Star Trek.

By the way Lennard Nimoy made off of Star Trek and directed "The Search for Spock" and "The Voyage Home".

It was rumored after the "Wrath of Khan" (before the filming started on "The Search for Spock") that both the Enterprise and Spock would be back. I remember an interview where the subject came up (before the next release in the series) in which Lennard say the follow up story line was suggested at the end of the Wrath of Khan but he did not elaborate.

Wrong timeline, Data had not been created and the crew of TNG had not been born yet, they had no robots or androids in the original series

• Kathy

Commander Data was not in the movie. Leonard Nimoy did not wast to the movies no more, so Spock had to die. But he changed hi mind, so Spock was brought back to life in the next movie.