lola asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

My dog is peeing blood?

i took my dog to the dog park this afternoon and now at night he is peeing blood. He has never peed blood before and he is totally healthy can somebody please tell me what my dog has Thanks ! He is 6 years old a cocker spaniel 20 lbs 

Someone pls help !!

I just called my vet and i’m taking him soon. The people telling him to take him to a vet i was asking on here because it was 2:30am and no vets or hospitals were open around me and thank you for everyone trying to help!

Favorite Answer

It's a shock isn't it. Never seen a dog pee blood until mine it. And it's always late at night as well. 

Called my vets and got the emergency number. Called them. This lovely lady calmed me down and told me if it was sudden and bright red blood it was probably a UTI. And to call my vet in the morning and make an appointment. Unfortunately this is not likely to go away without veterinary care and if it does it's just more discomfort the dog has to go through.

The symptoms for bladder cancer are similar as those of a UTI so it's best not to wait. That's why a urine sample is needed. Not just to check the bacteria (that's a culture) but to make sure bacteria is the cause. So get to a vet or at least get a vet on the phone. It's surprises me your first resort is the internet and waiting for an answer. Mine was to phone a vet. Think you need to get your head in gear and stop worrying about the weight of your purse. 

• *****

It is most likely a urinary tract infection, though could be other conditions as well, some more serious. Your dog needs to be taken to a veterinarian for treatment when they open in the morning. 

• Ocimom

Get him to the vet today!  It could be a minor thing like a bite or scratch that is bleeding or it could be the start of a UTI.  Do not delay treatment.

• Maxi

Get your phone and call the vet, make an emergency appointment and take the dog in

Just take him to the vet to see what they can do for him. Good luck!:)

• Jojo

Megan is a nasty little Troll, so ignore her childish answer.

Blood in urine can be a sign of quite a few things including, Cystitis, Leptospirosis,

warfarin poisoning, Growths in the urinary tract, stones in the bladder and if he is intact, prostate troubles. See your vet and try and take a urine sample from your dog with you. 

Best to be safe than sorry.

Who cares.  Hope it dies 

A vet can help we cant

• TB12

If your dog is peeing blood why are you playing on the computer instead of taking him to a vet.

If you were peeing blood would you be playing on the computer or heading to the emergency room.

• jean

ring up the local vet for advice

The 'someone' who you should be asking about this is YOUR VET.   Collect some of his urine and take it, fresh, with him to your vet asap.   This is most probably a simple UTI which is usually quickly cleared up with antibiotics.   If he has bladder stones, that's more serious.   Both need a qualified diagnosis from your vet.