Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Why can't you delete Anonymous posts on Yahoo Answers?

• Daniel

If it's Questions 

you can only delete your question if it has no answers on it if there are

no answers on it to delete it click on the x delete question button under the

blue edit menu once there is answers on it you wont be able to delete it

unfortunately

If its Answers 

You can Delete your Answer as long as the Question has no Best Answer Picked if its not Picked you will see under the Edit Menu the Delete Answer Button you can click on it to Delete It 

The Delete Policy is the Same for Both Non Anonymous and Anonymous Users  

• Sharon

If they are yours you can only delete them if they have no answers. Click on 'Edit' beside your question and then delete it. If it has an answer the Edit button no longer appears and you cannot delete it.

• .

The ability to delete by the OP or to report and get a post removed, has ZERO to do with whether or not the OP used the Anonymous feature. An OP can only remove their own question as long as it has no answers posted. ANY question or answer may be reported enough to be removed, but there is no standard # of reports needed to get a post taken down (and no way for anyone reporting to know how many others have reported it ahead of them). 

Gee, I don't know........let me try.

Okay, I see,    Edit Answer,   Undo Anonymous and  Delete Answer- 

so ,let me UNDO anonymous now. 

So I can delete my own answer,     as me, or as anomymous---which I never use. 

But you can't delete answers after a BA is chosen. 

You can delete anonymous posts - if you post a question and you haven’t yet received any answers you can delete it using the drop down menu at the top. For answers it’s the same, if the asker of the question has not selected a best answer you are able to delete your anonymous answer.