Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Do friends charge you to come over?

I invited myself to come see some buddies of mine for about a month at there apartment but the one who pays the lease is telling me I gotta pay him some cash just to stay a month. I do wanna leave this home for a little while but do friends really charge you to hang out or am I being taken advantage of an not go?

Update:

I have a home but I wanted to get away from the bad roomates for a month so I asked them if I could HANG for a month

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If I was going to stay with someone for a month,  I would ask how much would they charge me to stay with them for a month.   If I thought it was unreasonable I would just see if I could find a reasonable motel or hotel to stay for a month or longer.    You should pay something since you are going to stay a month.   Another person staying with someone can raise the utilities and grocery bill.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes it's reasonable as long as he doesn't think that you a affording it all, and you are a good, clean guest who also helps with the chores.

• Tj
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you are staying for a month, and you are eating there, then yes. Its ok.

• 2 months ago

You are not "hanging out" though, are you? You are moving in for a month. BIG difference, especially if you are all fairly young. Not everyone can afford a houseguest for an entire month.

Few people would actually expect to live with someone for a month and NOT chip in with expenses

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You have said you going to stay for a month? If so then yes it's fair enough for him to ask for some money he might not be able to afford to keep guests.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.