Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Do friends charge you to come over?

I invited myself to come see some buddies of mine for about a month at there apartment but the one who pays the lease is telling me I gotta pay him some cash just to stay a month. I do wanna leave this home for a little while but do friends really charge you to hang out or am I being taken advantage of an not go?

I have a home but I wanted to get away from the bad roomates for a month so I asked them if I could HANG for a month

If I was going to stay with someone for a month,  I would ask how much would they charge me to stay with them for a month.   If I thought it was unreasonable I would just see if I could find a reasonable motel or hotel to stay for a month or longer.    You should pay something since you are going to stay a month.   Another person staying with someone can raise the utilities and grocery bill.

Yes it's reasonable as long as he doesn't think that you a affording it all, and you are a good, clean guest who also helps with the chores.

• Tj

If you are staying for a month, and you are eating there, then yes. Its ok.

You are not "hanging out" though, are you? You are moving in for a month. BIG difference, especially if you are all fairly young. Not everyone can afford a houseguest for an entire month.

Few people would actually expect to live with someone for a month and NOT chip in with expenses

You have said you going to stay for a month? If so then yes it's fair enough for him to ask for some money he might not be able to afford to keep guests.