Wife is ignoring me, sleeping alone, wont talk to me because she doesn't want to argue?

Sunday night, I had trouble sleeping as we both decided to sleep on the small back porch bed with fans on. I was tossing turning with her beside me, and on accident pulled her pillow out from under her. She ended up going to our inside bed and told me she wanted to sleep alone. I slept on the recliner. 

Monday morning, we were both exhausted and she was running late for work. I tried to talk to her, but she ignored me and left.

Monday night, she wouldn't talk to me. I asked her if she was mad at me and she said "I'm not mad at you, I just don't want to argue." She then slept alone in the other spare bed.

Tuesday morning, as she was packing her things for work, I told her that I loved her. She said "I love you too, sweetheart." and that's the last of it.

We've never been done this to each other before and I'm trying to give her as much space as possible, however at the same time I don't know anything because she wont work with me.

Any ideas as to of how I might work this out with her or what I should do? 

Many thanks!

Married 2 years to my best friend whom I've rarely ever had an argument with and we've always looked out for each other, taken care of each other. Before we even went to sleep, I took her to a vineyard, we danced, came home to swim in the pool and went to sleep watching our favorite show. It didn't take any effort to pull the pillow as it was folded over my pillow. I've already apologized and I'd give her flowers, but I did that on our date.

I'd personally like to know myself which parts of the story I'm not getting or if I'm just over thinking the situation.

Thank you all for the answers. Turns out she just wanted space, because she's on overload with work and she wants to get a good night of sleep alone. 

Favorite Answer

There must be more to this. In a way she is right - arguing is futile and causes problems. She'll come round in time, no doubt. I feel that you might continue as usual and keep talking to her without overdoing it. 

Reading books like Dr Phil McGraw's excellent Relationship Rescue helps to give us deeper insights into how relationships work. (I wish I got commission, as I recommend it to so many people!). As he writes in the book, it isn't only for people whose relationships are in trouble. There are other excellent books, of course. 

Good Luck!

She is having affair another man who is giving her more satisfaction on bed

no no dont worry. Some yearning and throbbing makes the love grow.. and sleeping solo is relaxing..And shes dreamng of u the whole time dont worry about that.shes not upset, just trying to make a little distance so when the next hug comes its really emotional one. :o

hope that answers the question. tc

Yea this doesn't bode well. Married long? Argue a lot? Treat each other well and with respect? She is not now obviously. How does one Accidentally pull out a pillow like that anyway? It must have taken some effort. What parts of the story are we not getting?

N .

• Sandy

apologize for stealing the pillow. it was very rude and inconsiderate. it's the little things that have the most impact. and giving her space doesn't help. give her a nice bouquet of flowers to show you still care about her.