Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

If I'm 5 ft 6 inches tall at age 23 (male), can I increase my height if I work out at the gym?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

There's vague evidence that walking and exercise could increase bone density in the spine causing an extremely modest gain in height but not enough to be noticeable. 

Cuban heels or inner heel inserts would make you seem taller.  But why? 

Be a real person. If you can't change it,  wear it. 

• paul c
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No the gym can only make you heavier and wider. Which will make you look shorter. If you think your height is a problem, spend a few minutes looking at nude photos of people that are medically considered dwarfs. At 4'10" or shorter, your a giant compared to a little person/ dwarf.   

• 2 months ago

nothing short people hate being there lack of height wile tall people hate there tallness . work on one muscle that the girls like , height does matter , how long it is does .

• 2 months ago

Yes. Eat more, and work out (even just regular walking on the treadmill 2 miles/1hr a day adds up) and you will get taller. There is a direct correlation of weight to height. Don’t be afraid of putting on weight. Also, don’t use tap water in your drinks or food, try to use only bottled water. Even a Brita doesn’t get all of the chemicals out do research your water filtration options.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

nope ....................................

• 2 months ago

Take steroids ...

• Sathi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If that was true, Arnold Schwarzenegger would be eight feet tall.

• 2 months ago

take pil       2384782397845879

Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. By around age 21 males have reached their max height. Your height is genetic, it's not something you can do much to change, unlike your weight or body composition. You are the height you are, but you can workout to increase your muscle mass and be the most fit you can be, at 5'6". 

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no.....................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.