why did yahoo discontinue comments 2020?

I'm not at all surprised.  The Marxist trust fund elitists at Yahoo Newz (the same ones pushing for mail-in balloting) are doing everything they can to unseat POTUS in November.  When the impeachment failed, they pushed for economic shutdown.  Then, looting and rioting.  They are willing to see people deprived of their livelihood, injured, and even killed, anything in order to take control.

Just pray that POTUS is re-elected, if the left is this bad now, just imagine what they will do if they take the White House.

Cowards leftists loss of freedom of speech 🤮🤮🤮

Because they are pro BLM and pro trans cult and almost all of their readers are not.

Yahoo hates Trump so much, they also hate conservatives that support him. They wanted their fake articles to be unchallenged in an attempt to sway voters.

I believe that they removed comments because of political pressure.

Does anyone know where I can send a message to Yahoo or write to them directly?  Since the elimination of readers' comments, I just look at the headlines.  This is what people under communist countries experience - the elimination of opinions.  A democratic society thrives on differences of opinions.  I've noticed that when there was a shooting on the outside perimeter of the White House while the President was having a press conference, the headline on Yahoo was about masks.The news about the shooting by the FBI disappeared mighty fast.Today (August 13) I've seen the headlines about the historic agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates brokered by the US, while the headline on Yahoo - is about the President comments about women.  So there is also a blackout of news by Yahoo. 

Censorship, plain and simple.  I can almost bet that they will allow comments right after the election in November.  Just my opinion.  Yahoo is quite biased and I believe they don't want any support comments for President Trump.  It's shameful.  I hope they are not attempting to affect the election.

Abcnews.go.com  still has comments.  Dump Yahoo and go there.

• .

Per Yahoo:

"In order to strengthen and improve community and engagement, we are temporarily disabling comments.

Our goal is always to create a safe, engaging place to connect over interests and passions and we’d love your feedback on how to improve this experience. Please email us your feedback at yahoocommentfeedback@verizonmedia.com"

This was for security and safety reasons. Also, there are legal liability reasons for Verizon because of increasing spamming, violent threats, and attempts to breach security around a presidential election. They did the same thing in 2012 and 2016.