Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

Is the Hyundai accent any good in terms of reliability?

The dealer has one for $15800 at my local area which seems like a good deal. I don't like big cars and prefer something smaller. Do you think this would be a good deal?

Check out a Nissan Versa. I've had 2 of them. Both fine cars and in your price range. The Hyundai  is generally  a good car though, depending  on how its been been cared for if its used.

If it is brand new, yes it is a good deal.  If it is used, no way to tell.

• Barry

If it has service history and you can't fault it on your test drive it should be fine. Unless the mileage is 200k of course. Test every switch, open every door and window. Test the acceleration, gear changes and brakes. Hyundai make very good cars.

The 2020 Hyundai Accent finishes in the middle of our subcompact car rankings. It's a fine small car, but several rivals provide either more engaging performance or higher-quality cabins.

Why not a Honda Fit? It blows the others away.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/subco...

Also, I think many people end up disliking the subcompacts because they are so small. A compact would be a better choice. Honda Civic & Mazda3 are good choices.

You do NOT have to buy a brand new car.