How to upgrade graphic card?

My old graphic card got beaten up the last time I moved my pc so I'm the marked for a new one. I'm pretty new to computer parts so I'm having some first buyer anxiety. 

The one I currently have is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB and I'm hoping to upgrade to GTX 1660 ti. My computer is pretty low budget and doesn't have much space for upgrading, but I'm replacing the card so I'm wondering if I can actually install the new 1660 card or if I need to stick with the old. 

I would try the old one first if this does not work properly then try the new one ☝️ 

• n/a

No info on your computer and if you can't figure out if you can or can not install a graphics card in it, then it's probably not a good idea for YOU to try in stall anything in a computer

Take your old card with you(I am supposing it is shot so you got it out) and to the PC store. Show them what you got and ask for one that has more capabilities than your old card.

. It costs more so damn rights they will show you other ones that fit in the same slot.

• Lv 7

be sure to measure the inside of your case, and compare the card size. else you may be investing in a new case, too.

also, check the power requirements, and be sure it doesn't need more power plugs than your power supply has.

• P

You always have to take care to make sure there is physically enough room to fit the new card in.  However I will say that the 1660 ti isn't that big of an upgrade to your old 1060 GTX.  In other words it's not worth spending the money unless you go bigger.  

If the old card is an "add on" - meaning that it is a card that is not integrated into the system board but just plugs into a port on the board - just unplug the old card and insert the new one.

The main thing you will want to do is determine what type of a port the system board has.  You can find that if you look up the specs for your system.  You will want to purchase a new card that connects to the same type of a port.

I would wait until the rtx 3000 series comes out that way it will be simililar or more powerful then the upcoming consoles.