Is there hate crime legislation for women?

I know there is for Blacks. It's a serious offence to commit a racially motivated crime but are gender motivated crimes treated as serious?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I never understood why a “hate” crime is worse than a “normal?” crime. 

Say for example a white man attacks a black and causes a number if injuries , it’s a hate crime esp if he says “ you black .....”, somewhere along the line.

Now the same person , who is a real bar steward, we’ve established, attacks a white man for any number of reasons, probably just for “looking”. He will also insult them as he attacks but will not include “ you white ....”

He inflicts the same injuries though.

Why is this a lesser crime? I would assume if someone seriously assaults me , they don’t actually like me, but it wouldn’t be a hate crime because I’m white even if my attacker was black because we all know blacks can’t be racist.   

• 1 month ago

Yes they are.  

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not in the US. 

• 2 months ago

It is usually hard to prove whether a given crime is a hate crime or not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nope. There have been several attempts at this but the police literally said it's unenforceable because there's too much of it.

edit: make the characteristic "sex." That protects hate crimes against both men and women. as I said, they refuse to do this though, because everyone would be in prison. Go look up what's going on in Scotland right now.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I dint know about criminal law, but many colleges consider any criticism of feminist ideology to be hate speech.   Students have been expelled for such criticism.   

• 2 months ago

Why. I thought women wanted to be equal to men?

Make up your mind idots

• Bill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Hate crime - The crime of disagreeing with liberals 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.