occupant definition?

If I am landlord owner of building A and the building A is vacant but I don’t live in the building A I live in another separate building B then would I be considered occupant of building A?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

An OCCUPANT lives in a particular property. A LANDLORD owns a particular property. You can be both, but you are NOT occupying Building A. You are occupying Building B. If both buildings are on the same property, then you can be said to be occupying the PROPERTY--but not the building. 

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHICH BUILDING YOU LIVE IN............You are an OCCUPANT/LANDLORD.

• 1 month ago

You do not occupy it, therefore you are not an occupant.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you don't live in it then clearly you are not an occupant

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

NO. You do not live in building A so you do not occupy it.  You lived in & occupy bulding B.

• no.....................................

• 1 month ago

Of course not.  How could you be considered an occupant when you are not occupying the premises?

• 1 month ago

No.  You are an occupant of the building where you live.  And if you live there, then it isn't vacant.

• R P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course not! You don't live in Bldg A.

• 1 month ago

No.  You are an occupant of building B.  If this has to do with some sort of rules for or rights to use building A, however, it doesn't matter because you're also the owner.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.