Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 2 months ago

MacBook Pro Graphics?

I don't know a whole lot about computers to start with so keep that in mind. I have a late 2018 MacBook Pro 15". 1TB of storage. 32GB of Memory. Vega 20 Graphics. 2.9GHz 6-core i9.

When I go to the "about my Mac" the graphics portion says "Intel UHD Graphics" instead of the "Radeon Pro Vega 20". 

But when I go into "System Report" I do see the Vega 20 graphics card is listed (see attachment).

Are both graphics cards running at the same time? Why doesn't it say the Radeon Pro Vega 20 in the about page? Again, I know very little about graphics cards.

When did you get your graphics card???

Some laptops switch to onboard video to conserve battery life and turn it on when you run a program that requires video card power like a video game, video editing tools, or software creation tools. 

Sense its vega it either have to change it in the amd control panel. I know with some laptops it will switch to the vega when you start a video game.