Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 month ago

Wasn't Canada 100 percent white until 2016?

Nobody in Canada knew what a Chinese or an Indian or a black person WAS until 2016 when those people all came at once. Canada is now half Chinese half Indian with sprinkles of Jamacians.

It's worse in Quebec; that province was 100 percent white and French until a year ago, possibly overnight, when the whole of Haiti invaded. Now Quebec is 100 percent Haitian.

Oh troll, your questions still show a lack of basic intelligence.

Those from the U.S. found out real quick that there were Indians sprinkled in with the British when they burned down the first White House. Oh, you mean from India?  They have been here since the Gold Rush days from California to British Coumbia, Yukon Territories and into Alaska. So that was when? the 1600's.  The Chinese helped in a major way to build the railway across the land on both sides of the border.

• John P

??? What about the Inuit people? And note that in Vancouver in 1956 I went to a Chinese restaurant in Chinatown there.  Sorry, I forgot, most Canadians don't think of British Columbia as 'Canada'.

Many Chinese men were brought in to Canada in the late 1800s/early 1900s to build the railways.

Nope, not even close.  Canada wasn't 100% white even in 1916.  There was one guy from India living in Canada in 1916.  And yes, yes he was a heart surgeon.

Reported 

Not a travel related question 

Never been to Canada, huh?

• F

I was there in 2016 and almost the entire immigration staff at Calgary airport was Indian ( as in curry , not Native American) 

• S

wrong. .............................................................

Prior to the US civil war, thousands of escaped black slaves fled to Canada.  The underground railroad should be known to everyone.

where I have been living since the mid-80s has had lots of immigrants of all stripes for the entire time.  I haven't seen any change at all.