I have an F2A78M-DS2 REV3.0 Gigabyte mother board running in F4 bios, can I insert a CPU whose minimum requirement for bios is f2? ?

I have an F2A78M-DS2 REV3.0 Gigabyte mother board with Fm2+/FM2socket. Is it okay if I use say AMD Athlon x4 750k or AMD A8 6600K as CPU with its minimum bios requirement as F2. The motherboard was used since 2013.

The following webpage, on the Gigabyte website indicates CPU support for your F2A78M-DS2 (rev. 3.0) Motherboard DOES include the AMD Athlon X4 750K CPU and the AMD A8 660K CPU, sir.

• A.J.

So, you are not going very far in CPU power. The FM2+ socket is very limited.

Do you have a working CPU already? Current Bios is at F6e.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-F2A78M-DS2...

The Athlon X4 750K is listed on the FM2 socket. It also will require a graphics card. The A8-6600K is also FM2. F2 Bios is old. There are no dates shown by Gigabyte.

I doubt the bios on the motherboard is older than F2. No cpu is approved before it.

Yes is the answer. You should be able to use those CPUs.