linda asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

how much water should be used in cooking oatmeal?

Just add water and stir it until you get the desired thickness.and if you want it a little thinner you can add more water or even milk.  

You must need 1 glass simmering water, not boiling water. Boiling water will turn your oats into sticky glue. You want to bring the water just to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer before adding your oats.

depends on how thick or thin you want it.

• geezer

I always use twice as much water to oats .. measured by volume.

• kswck2

Look at the label and add a bit more if you prefer it runny. 

• denise

It should give basic recipe & amounts on the pack.

Depends how you like it.  I like mine thicker so I usually add less than what the package says.

the amount called for per portion. If you like your oatmeal sloppy, add a bit more..if you like your oatmeal stiff, add less.

That depends on the type of oatmeal and the way you like it.  I use two parts water to one part oatmeal for five-minute oatmeal.

About 4 parts water to 1 part oatmeal.  If you use fine oatmeal, you may need 5 parts water.