Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 5 months ago

When will Manfred just cancel the MLB season for good!?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

There would have to be several teams with breakouts at the same time.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

He won't cancel it for good.

• 5 months ago

Why?  No on expected no issues.  They have had a couple.  Once has been worked through.  The other is being worked through. 

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

the Cubs are setting the example.  no positive tests so far among the players since this started.  it isn't that hard to do.  but when players are idiots going to bars and breaking protocol, you can see how it spreads so quickly.  those players that cause serious infections like that should be suspended for the rest of the year and loss of pay.  then they will see what it's like for the tens of millions of other people that have lost jobs during this pandemic.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

I look at the American League and every team has played between 14 and 19 games so far. Toronto got messed up because of Miami.

But the National League is a different story with Philadelphia (12), Miami (11) and St; Louis (5) havin g games to make up. 

That means they'll be playing more BS 14-inning doubleheaders than the other teams which gives them an edge in that they won't have to worry about their bullpen blowing games in the 8th or 9th inning.

That gives the Cardinals a definite edge over their arch enemies, the Cubs, because the Cubs 'pen sucks eggs.

If St. Louis resumes play tomorrow they'll have 45 days to play 55 games.

And if (when) other teams experience outbreaks like St. Louis and Miami have, things will get even dicier.

I think it will take 2-3 teams being hit with an outbreak at the same time for Manfred to put a stop to this nonsense.

And I think it will happen.

I'd love to see it happen the last week of the season and have it screw up the playoffs. It would serve Manfred right.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.