High Disk Usage On SSD?

I have a high spec desktop only 6 months old and windows is installed on the SSD. It worked fine until a month ago when it would get really slow and sometimes even freeze for about a minute. The SSD spikes from 1% all the way up to 99-100 when doing basically nothing. I've done a lot of troubleshooting already. I did the sfc scan in the command prompt and updated windows and checked my drivers. When this first started happening i manually updated windows and it worked fine for 2 weeks but now its back to being high disk usage. Should I reformat my ssd or factory reset?

Update:

I'm running on garbage Windows 10 of course

Update 2:

Just scanned my SSD for errors and nothing was found

Update 3:

Also scanned for viruses already

Update 4:

Strange thing- When im gaming on something not installed on the SSD, the ssd disk usage stays down but once i stop gaming it starts spiking again

Update 5:

I'm 99% sure this is caused by Windows 10. My SSD health is 100% and perfect according to hard disk sentinel.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Background running apps?

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think the simplest would be as you say a factory reset and format

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think at this point, you need to examine all your running processes for a rogue.  There is something in your system that is using up system resources (SSD) when it shouldn't.  I would go through each process and check it's background against processlibrary.com and google.  Any found to have no use, I would disable until you know for sure what they do.  I've done this on other machines and it has sped things up considerably. 

• 1 month ago

run good anti-malware program first.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.