High Disk Usage On SSD?

I have a high spec desktop only 6 months old and windows is installed on the SSD. It worked fine until a month ago when it would get really slow and sometimes even freeze for about a minute. The SSD spikes from 1% all the way up to 99-100 when doing basically nothing. I've done a lot of troubleshooting already. I did the sfc scan in the command prompt and updated windows and checked my drivers. When this first started happening i manually updated windows and it worked fine for 2 weeks but now its back to being high disk usage. Should I reformat my ssd or factory reset?

I'm running on garbage Windows 10 of course

Just scanned my SSD for errors and nothing was found

Also scanned for viruses already

Strange thing- When im gaming on something not installed on the SSD, the ssd disk usage stays down but once i stop gaming it starts spiking again

I'm 99% sure this is caused by Windows 10. My SSD health is 100% and perfect according to hard disk sentinel.

• keerok

Background running apps?

• David

I think the simplest would be as you say a factory reset and format

I think at this point, you need to examine all your running processes for a rogue.  There is something in your system that is using up system resources (SSD) when it shouldn't.  I would go through each process and check it's background against processlibrary.com and google.  Any found to have no use, I would disable until you know for sure what they do.  I've done this on other machines and it has sped things up considerably. 

run good anti-malware program first.