Do you like to believe that even when Jehovah was telling Adam and Eve not to eat from that one tree, Secretly he already knew they were ?

Going to rebel against him and do it anyway, because Yahweh had already decided to look into the future.

Favorite Answer

Jehovah was disappointed, when he discovered that Adam had eaten from the tree.  Reread this scripture: Genesis 3:8-12  

8 Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God as he was walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day, and the man and his wife hid from the face of Jehovah God among the trees of the garden. 9 And Jehovah God kept calling to the man and saying to him: “Where are you?” 10 Finally he said: “I heard your voice in the garden, but I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid myself.” 11 At that he said: “Who told you that you were naked?+ Have you eaten from the tree from which I commanded you not to eat?”+ 12 The man said: “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit from the tree, so I ate.”

By refusing to submit to God’s law, Adam and Eve deprived themselves of his sustaining power. Moreover, alienated from God, they were without his divine direction and guidance. In time, then, the sin that had alienated Adam and Eve from God brought about their death.  Please read chapter 12 in the Happiness Book.  https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/publication/r1/lp-e/hp  DEATH’S FIRST VICTORY  The first chapters of Genesis shows that after God created the first human couple, he spoke with them regularly, allowing them to establish a spiritual relationship with him. (Genesis 3:8-10) God did not design humans to live independently of him; they have a need to communicate with their Maker.  Jesus, for example, stated: “Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need.” (Matthew 5:3) From those words, we may conclude that an essential ingredient of a happy and contented life is satisfying our inborn spiritual appetite.  Jesus pointed to the answer when he said: “Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth.” (Matthew 4:4) In what ways did god want us to do this?  It would be by God’s thoughts and instructions as found in the Bible, make it possible for us to live a happy and meaningful life? 

Source(s): jw.org

Jehovah knew the serpent would tempt Adam and Eve but he wanted them to remain loyal to him.

God knew what the serpent was planing. He did waited to find out if they disobeyed. But he knew to some degree because God made the entire earth. Not just the garden. He knew man will have to care for the Earth. It would have been nice if we gotten a chance to eat from the tree of life. 

Ah well maybe next time.

Jehovah does not used his foreknowledge against human free will. Jehovah told Abraham  : “Do not harm the boy, and do not do anything at all to him, for now I do know that you are God-fearing because you have not hold back your only son.

Just because Jehovah has the power to look into the future doesn't mean that he has to use that power always. He can choose when to use it and when not to use it. No I don't think he knew that Adam and Eve were going to sin. Jehovah is a just and righteous God.You can compare Adam and Eve's situation with what Gen 6:6 says about creating man.       

Anonymous - There is yes Jehovah. You lose.

David-    Before the foundation of the world is referring to the time before Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain  After Adam and Eve sinned and before they had Cain Genesis 3:20

And Efesians  is talking about those that are going to go to heaven as a whole not as individuals. In other words immediately after Adam and Eve sinned ,Jehovah made arrangement for a heavenly government that would repair the damage that Adam and Eve caused. Ephesians 1:5,10

• Report

The bit that I like to believe is that even though humanity were going to disobey and be sinners, God had it planned out and loved us all along so that Jesus was going to redeem humanity and usher in eternal paradise. A beautiful creation that in God's word was very good from the beginning.

• Saad M

Our father Adam and our mother Eve had been deceived by Satan cursed him, then God The All Merciful had forgiven them but Satan cursed him with his acolytes will go to hell.

My belief has nothing to do with whether I like the belief or not. If scripture states a belief that Christians are to believe, I believe it, even though some of what is stated cannot be fully known until we are in the glory. This is one such matter that those of us who are children of A&E are handicapped in grasping, because we too would have made the same choice had we been them. And therein lies the clue.

We can be deceived. We can make choices that work out for the worst. That's what happened to our first parents. They were initially tempted to rise higher than their already exalted status - to be like God with respect to a certain type of knowledge. When God created a material universe and this planet, with life on it, He knew what would happen if that course was pursued, and He knew there was a spirit creature that had already made that choice. That evil one would try to cream off the worship due to the Creator, to himself, and God knew exactly how he would attempt to do that. Despite knowing before creation started what would result, the Godhead decided to go ahead, for His plan of restoration was already decided and as good as done. Everything will, one day, be back in harmony with the Creator. The agony of sin is being endured right now, but will rebound to God's glory, and then we will rejoice that God allowed it and brought us through it. Well, some of us will.

It was a test to see if they would obey God and they failed.

There was more to that test but only going to tell my Daddy.

It wasn't Jehovah.  It was Elohim, the Father of Spirits.  They didn't rebel against God.  They made the choices that they thought they needed to make for the greater good.  It wasn't because he looked into the future.  He knew that Adam and Eve would make the necessary choices because he knew them for so long before.  See Job 38:1-7; Prov. 8:22-31.