Why shouldn’t I be allowed to spend my own money to treat myself, when it’s well within my budget?

(Assuming that the “treats” in question are perfectly legal.)

• Foofa

Unless you're a minor or under some kind of conservatorship owing to a disability no one can stop you. 

you are allowed to do that.

You should be allowed to spend your money on whatever legal thing that you wish to spend your money on. If you're talkin about treat yourself to drugs or alcohol and there's some kind of a probation or parole in place or if you owe past due child support no

There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do that.

If there are people in your life telling you otherwise, you might consider trading them in for people more in tune with your best interests.

Some of the things people consider "treats" are morally abhorrent, i.e. child sex partners.

No reason why not.  But, are you at least showing some responsibility, if you have things like rent to pay?

• rodcom

We do not know what treatment you are talking about so we cannot answer.  I know of no state which does not allow you to pay for treatment unless it can hurt you, but that has to do with the oaths doctors take.