Quinn asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Why does my cat continue to pee outside litter box?

I got a simease mixed white cat.

She's about 1 year old now, She  Has used the litterbox before,  once and awhile she will go on the floor beside the box, then she stopped for awhile, now shes doing it again for the last 3 weeks, where she pees right beside the box.

As an owner, Im trying everything.   done the following

-Cleaned both Litterbox's completly ( Emptied and Cleaned)

- Litterbox is cleaned Daily

- They have theyre own  little room as their bathroom, and both the litterbox's are spread out on each side.

-Ive Disinfected and cleaned the floor

She only pees outside the box.

Now, Shes a girl, and we do have another cat who is a Male ( 4 yrs old)

So I thought  does he bully her??  Its hard to tell.

I've read things on google too, saying  it could be a medical problem. Which i'm not gonna rule out. But she's  1 years old, she appears healthy, she cuddles the other cat.  she plays, sleeps eats, just fine.  

But I cannot get her to stop peeing?!?!  driving me nuts lol

Its possible shes getting into the litter pan and hanging her butt over the edge. Try getting a bigger litter pan or a pan with tall sides/a cover. 

If this isn't the case she needs to see a vet. Young cats can get urinary tract issues and cats tend to hide pain. 

• J

Make sure you always keep the box clean and with the same kind of litter. Some cats will use any litter, some are picky. If that’s not the problem, call the vet. 

• *****

Have you had her checked for a urinary tract infection at the vet? That is the most likely cause and should have been the first thing that was checked.

Has she been declawed?  That also often will cause this behavior. Have you tried other litter types? Have you tried adding a third box? 

Take her to the dang vet already.   It's likely she has a urinary tract problem such as bladder or kidney infection, urinary crystals or cystitis.  

She could have a bladder infection.   Cats will go outside the litterbox to let you know that something is wrong.   Call your veterinarian and ask him about this.   She really needs antibiotics, if she does have a urinary tract infection.   Nothing else will make it go away.

• ?

Some cats miss, get an enclosed tray.