Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 month ago

What do I do about quarantine if I get cancer?

Favorite Answer

Causing all sorts of issues for me.

Closest cancer treatment centre is only 75km (about an hour)  away but is across a state border that needs a permit to cross for those who live more than 50km away (due to pandemic, normally no restriction)

Orherwise treatment is at my state capital city which is in lockdown due to a major breakout of disease. 350km away (about 4 hours) and if I go therei have to be in total quarantine for 2 weeks before I can return home.

I live alone and my daughter is in lockdown in Capital city and it is less than 2 weeks until my surgery.

• Edna

If you have cancer, you won't be affected by any quarantine restrictions when you have to see a doctor for cancer treatment.

You continue to wear a mask, to social distance and to wash your hands regularly.  In fact, with many cancer treatments your immune system is repressed so that the odds of getting COVID (and just about anything else) greatly increases.  That is why people who are undergoing cancer treatment usually wear mask, wear gloves, wash their hands regularly and social distance (avoid contact with other people.)

Put a mask on.