Is a 95 corolla interchangeable with 95 prizm?

I have a 95 geo prizm that i need the brake master cylinder, wondering if the same series toyota corolla would have be the same cylinder. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The parts people are the people that know that though they are not the people that do cross checks.  You ask for Geo you get Geo.  You ask for Toyota, you get Toyota.

. The people that do cross matching is those guys at the auto salvage yards.  They will tell you where to get that part and they will specify the year and make.  They have the cross over books sent to them by the manufacturer's every year for every car.

. When it comes to brakes I tend not to fluck with that because there are going to be differences such as one is metric thread and the other is NOT.(that is the first thing that comes to mind)  The cost difference between a Toy & a Geo is going to be a few bucks(Geo is cheaper) is my guess.

• 2 months ago

Basically the same car with different styling. They were likely built side by side in the same plant. They might be different depending on which engine. They were offered with a 1.6 and a 1.8 liter engine. Make sure the donor car has the same engine as yours. Then again, check with your local parts store. It might be the same part regardless of engine. 

• Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Look up the master cylinder on an auto parts store website. Are the part numbers the same for both models?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would talk to a mechanic about it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You already know the answer

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They are the same car.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.