Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Anybody else feel like when you reach 30 all the good stable men are married already ?

And the Single ones that are leftover have issues? In my experience I’ve found they have commitment issues 

• RP

At every age, some people, women and men, have issues, but those issues do not necessarily mean that they are not or would not be good marriage partners.

I reached 30 without having any desire to marry at all, ever. Then I met my husband. And, 5 years later, he was still the only man I was interested in. He had HUGE issues all across the board. I probably did too! But.... 5 years later I was still the only woman he was interested in. Still true over 30 years later! Life has issues. How we deal with them is up to us.  

I tend to agree with the statement. Those who really WANT to be married have been looking for some time.  There may be some good stable men that have been unlucky and not found the right person.  But finding THEM is difficult.

• David

It is a matter of perception.  100% of women are interested in about 5% of men.  When women hit 30, they start thinking about "settling down" and suddenly no man is good enough to settle down with.  It's not that there's suddenly no good men left.  It's just that prior to age 30, women don't give much thought to what men are available, as dating is not that serious (yet).  So when you hit that big 3-OH, you start looking around for the top 5% of men (deliberately ignoring the lower 95%) and you realize...

The men you are interested in are married, or have commitment issues based on being burned in the past by women who didn't want to "settle" on a guy who wasn't absolutely perfect.

• Tasm

Women too.  I'm over 30. Single women seem to be really wacked or divorced with kids.

• I dont agree. There's a lot of stable men at 30.