Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Why do some people go through life always in the shadows, never seeing any spotlight, always forgotten and overlooked ?

because (some of them) are taking the advantage of the people in spotlight...discrete manipulators from the shadow 

Because some people don't want or need to be in the spotlight. 

Yes, some people find satisfaction in a life that puts them in spotlight. They want to be the best and shine the most. Nothing is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and I wish them all the best. But others find happiness in other areas. 

It can be a beautiful family, with children and happy spouse, or a troupe of incredible friends and a beloved pet. Or maybe it is volunteering regularly for a cause that means something to you or a hobby that makes you feel alive- photography or hiking or travel or art or writing poetry or planting a garden. 

I don't need to be the best. I work hard, but I am sometimes overlooked and forgotten in favor of my more ambitious colleagues. And you know what? I'm ok with that. For me, personally, happiness doesn't stem from my profession. Happiness comes from my personal life, and I'm alright with that. 

Find your happiness. If it comes from your profession, that is awesome, but if it doesn't, that's ok too. You aren't any less of a person. Our time on this planet is so limited. Just don't spend that time unhappy. Do what is best for you. It will all fall into place .

• John P

It might seem an easier life. Look at all those scandal stories always surrounding celebrities.

cause they got unlucky

• Lily

This reminds me of a poem. It's called Eagles Can Fly

Monkeys Can Climb

Crickets Can Leap

Horses Can Race

Owls Can Seek

Cheetahs Can Run

Eagles Can Fly

People Can Try

But That's About It.

This poem was written by someone who clearly feels forgotten by the world, just as most of us have felt at some point in our lives. It can be really disheartening seeing people in the limelight achieve great things while the rest of our lives are average at best. What makes them so special? How did they get the opportunity to accomplish everything they have while we have next to nothing going on for ourselves? The feeling of giving up is one of the worst things we can ever feel, but if it helps, you definitely aren't alone in feeling this way. At the end of the day, the best we can do is try. 

All comes down to how one chooses to navigate through the world.  Some people seek out and enjoy the spotlight/attention, and are completely comfortable within this framework. Others enjoy going about their lives quietly.  Both can and do achieve success, live fulfilling and productive lives and are appreciated in many different ways.  You decide how you want to live and do so accordingly.

Because they have self esteem issues.

• Liz

Sometimes the spotlight isn't always the best thing. It can make someone a target. Today's world is much more corrupt and people are doing evil the way people eat food. Even if they are overlooked by other, God certainly notices them. “The humble people you will save.”—2 SAMUEL 22:28.

As Milton says: They also serve who only stand and wait. 

Because some people...most people in fact...never achieve sufficiently to acquire any fame or notoriety.