Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Is dating a man, who is separated from his wife, considered adultery/cheating?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • KTJoe
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes; man is still legally married, besides those guys aren't any good all messed up. See dating websites Match.com and Zoosk.com 

• 1 month ago

No it's wrong!! 

Divorce is the only thing that would truly separate him from his wife..

Until then he's still a married man. Have some self respect. When you know better you do better. 

Let him divorce first before starting anything. Because again they're separated not divorced. 

Tell him you'll wait until he's divorced to start anything and see listen or wait for his response. 

• Raja
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He is separated from his wife physically not legally .From the man's point of view if he date you it amounts to adultery /cheating.It is not you who cheat but the man.Give up the idea. 

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Opinions vary. If he's separated, pending divorce, I see no reason why he and his soon-to-be ex can't start dating other people if they choose. However, if a person is of a strong religious background, then their faith may feel that ANY dating/sex while still legally married (even if the couple are separated and living apart) is cheating.

It can be risky to date someone not yet divorced, as they aren't always emotionally over their marriage, emotionally beyond the relationship with their soon-to-be-ex, and there's always the chance (however slight) they could reconcile. Tread carefully in those situations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Adultery and cheating and probably fornication if you had sex.

• 1 month ago

Not on the part of the single person. Definitely on the part of the married one. 

• 1 month ago

yes. separation is not the same as divorce. in a separation, there is still the possibility of the couple reconciling.

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would ask the wife what she thinks it is. She may be under the impression they are using the space to work things out.  To her, it would be cheating.  The again, she may know this is the end and there is nothing left to work out, so she doesn't give a fig about who he is dating. So in these sort of separation situations, ask the one who is not involved how they see it.

• 1 month ago

During a separation and prior to a divorce it is expected that both parties explore whether or not a reconciliation is possible.  You shouldn't do ANYTHING to jeopardize that.  Call it whatever you will.  It is WRONG to interfere unless a relationship is finished by a divorce.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

he said he loved me first. only pick her because she is more fair and pretty then me. and a family friend. shes not the only girl he touched. did i do anything with him? All have made things so complicated. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.