Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 2 months ago

Rap is NOT "music". It's RECITATION (with terrible diction) accompanied by music. Why is such amateur stuff like rap so popular with morons?

It's near impossible to understand more than 10% of the words they recite, due to their terrible diction. They may as well do it in Chinese.

Random ----- Thank you so much for knowing your place.

Random ---- I just gave you a thumbs up. Lucky you.

Coming from a person who disliked rap songs. I've come to learn that rapping is an art. Not everybody can actually rap. 👀 Rap has different kinds of flows. Rap music is like a totally different genre of music. Some are extremely fast and smooth. While others are raw and touching. Some have so much emotions with meaningful lyrics. Some just disgust me. Not everybody likes rap music and I respect that. It's all about whose rap you're listening to. xx

Don't generalize all rap, ****. Gangster rap is an art. It is a beautiful thing that speaks to the woes of living a life on the street. It was only when it devolved into meaningless mumble rap that it became meaningless. You want good rap? Try Ice T. Or NWA. Or snoop dog. or some old eminem...

You are right, i totally agree...that you are a moron.

• Mr.412

Thanks for wasting my time and making me read a whole lot of bullshit. 

• blank

Although I love Rap music.  I respect that you dont. Not everyone likes the same things. That is my reaction. I respect your opinion 

Edit to add

You do realize Hip Hop emerged in the 70s right?

• Nick

Of course rap is music. You aren't its primary target audience. Is it so bad that something exists that isn't marketed specifically to you?

rap is not music just like singing isnt music. but its a significant tool in music which is hip hop .

What is the difference between "recitation" and singing?

Why is "recitation" not music?

It's not even real music.  it's electronically generated accompaniment

• Random

Oh, I didn't realize that you were the arbitrator of what is and what isn't considered music.  Thank God you are around to teach us mere simpletons what "proper" music is.