are ramen noodles loaded with gluten?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

Food grade nitrous oxide from https://zakisazota-msk24.ru

• 1 month ago

Unless you have coeliac disease or an allergy or intolerance to gluten, they will not harm you. Gluten is just a form of protein found in most grains, especially wheat.

• 1 month ago

they are made with wheat so do indeed contain gluten...no extra is added though because there is no  point to doing so. FYI gluten isn't dangerous unless you have a disease called celiac sprue.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some are and some aren't, so I leave it in your most capable hands. Buy some made from rice or buckwheat flour and they are gluten free. To be clear I have yet to find a noodle they loaded with gluten. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Gluten is a protein found in MOST grains, but particularly in wheat flour.  Even oats, rye, etc have gluten in them.

Since ramen noodles are made from wheat flour, they will of course have gluten.

Most people have no trouble processing glutien.  My sister breaks out in hives all over within 5 minutes of eating even the slightest bit of gluten, and her breathing passageways close up.  But most of us have no allergies to gluten.  Not unless they have celiac disease.

The marketeers and big-business have jumped on the bandwagon of making big money selling gluten-free products. Don't be duped.  For the majority of people gluten is no problem.

• 1 month ago

Yep. Ramen are wheat noodles.  Technically, any grain has some amount of gluten, but wheat probably has the most gluten of any grain.  Gluten is a lectin -- a type of protein that protects the plant. There are other lectins as well.  Gluten seems to be one that causes many people GI tract issues even if they don't have Celiac's.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If only there were a way to look up ingredients or nutrition information on the internet...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.