Kevin asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

What are some examples of exceptional football stats?

I’ve been a passionate baseball fan since I was 11 and now I’m trying to build a passion for football. Are there any links out there that provide examples of what to expect from defense and offense? Such as what is considered high or low?

On offense, Denver scored an unbelievable 606 points during the 2013 season thanks to Peyton Manning setting records for passing yards (5,477) and touchdown passes (55) in a season. 

That team also featured a 1,000 yard rusher and two receivers with over 1,200 receiving yards each.

On defense, Baltimore allowed just 165 points and 970 rushing yards during the 2000 seasons. Both are record lows for a 16 game season.

That defense, led by unindicted murderer slash rat Ray Lewis shut out four opponents and allowed more than 14 points in a game twice.

If a team comes close to either of these performances, it's pretty special.