Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Did my boss do something wrong to me?

My boss at work who is a good friend called me in his office one day and asked me if I wanted to be considered for a new position in the company. Jokingly I said “I like to try new positions”. With a big smile on his face, he said “If my boss knew what I was thinking now, I would be fired on the spot”. We both had a good laugh. I told him if something comes up to let me know.

In the employee break room I told some of my female co workers about this and they told me that was sexual harassment. What do you think? Was that sexual harassment? If it was, who was harassing who?

• Sammy
    Favorite Answer

Your thin skinned coworkers could have this guy fired over what you thought was in an innocent joke!

• P.L.

Some people these days are far too quick to see offense, discrimination, racism etc. when none is intended.  Just get on with your day and don't repeat to your colleagues what your boss says to you.  If that gets back you could be fired.

• Tj

You were wrong in saying that.

How many years are you going to post this? https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20180...

YOU did the sexual harassment when you turned his ordinary question into a sexual  innuendo.  YOU made the statement that made him have that thought.

In some situations, that might have even been taken to mean that you would offer up sex for the promotion.  If your boss hadn't also been okay with the joke - you could have been fired on the spot for making a comment like that.

Now, if the right person reported this conversation, there is even some chance that you and your boss could both be fired since he continued the joke with his comment.