Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 5 months ago

I thought fuel injectors were covered under powertrain warranty?

I took my 2017 Tahoe in and it had a bad fuel injector It still has the powertrain but now they are saying that doesn’t cover that? It’s well under the mileage   Any suggestions 

Thanks everyone for answering I will try calling gm.  I mean the vehicle is only 38000 miles and I just bought it in February and I don’t drive it like crazy because well it’s COVID time and I am a stay at home mom so there’s only so many places to go.  I really do hope they cover it because it’s not a cheap repair

Thanks everyone for answering. I called GM and I am still under powertrain and emission warranty so the fuel injectors are covered under the emissions warranty they aren’t sure why the dealer wouldn’t help but they are moving my case up and someone from GM will call the dealer and myself back. So hopefully this goes fast and my car gets fixed wish I would’ve just gone to another dealer now I just don’t trust them  

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Call General Motors corporate customer service and inquire. 

866-522-9559

A THOROUGH READ OF THE VEHICLE WARRANTY WILL TELL YOU IF IT'S COVERED OR NOT. As a general rule, items like injectors and spark plugs are not covered. 

• fuzzy

I'm wondering also. Why would it not be covered under emissions system warranty. Which I thought was a government standard on all cars sold in America.

Go to another dealer or call GM.

Can only tell you that my Chrysler's fuel injectors (and rails) were replaced under the Emission System warranty . . . .the theory being that bad injectors would create more emisions.

Power train warranties cover mechanical damage. Injectors are not covered.

• ?

As injectors are meant to last the life of the car GM was replacing them free of charge here on LS3 engines they know there is a design fault. Keep at them they will come to the party.

The power train warranty usually states that only lubricated parts are covered and excludes electronics and sensors. Read your warranty.