How  easily are bed bugs spread? ?

I ask because, my  Grandmother currently lives in low income housing that has gotten bed bugs. They have been found in an apartment on the other side of the apartment complex She's in. However, Her  mentally unstable neighbor is hanging out with and having people over that live nearwhere the bed bugs are. Could they migrate into Her apartment? 

Favorite Answer

yes they could hitch a ride in a jacket or bag the guest brings with them.  if the problem is not caught early, the bugs will travel to many other  units

Bedbugs are hichhickers. If she does not go to the infested units & nobody that does go to the infested units comes to hers then there is a very slim chance she will get them.  If the neighbor does not come in to her unit then it should be fine.   Keep in mind a slim chance is not no chance.  

i think thats possible, i live in low income housing and had them about two yrs ago, i had to get my place heat treated and sprayed 5 times and had to get rid of my bed and couch, i got an airbed after that cause they dont have a mattress which is how i got rid of them, they didnt have anywheres to live, that was done on purpose