Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Holden cruze code 79 won't go away ?

I bought a 2010 holden cruze 2 years ago. Two days into driving the car the code 79 came up and hasn't gone away since. 

I've brought it to the mechanics 4 times to get it fixed but it simply won't go away. It is a service code, however service has been consistently up to date.

Long story short, i've been wanting to get rid of the car for a while now but I can't because of the code. I am sick of taking it back to the mechanics for nothing to happen. 

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, how did you resolve it? I am considering selling the car with the code (letting the new owners know ofc, unlike the people who sold it to me), however I feel like no one would buy it and it would be difficult to explain. There is nothing else wrong with the car. 

• Andy C

Since it is a GM, I'm going to just guess that 79 is the code for the bank 2 oxygen sensor. 

Did I get it right?

It could be a computer error.   Try resetting the car by disconnecting the negative wire on the battery and then reconnecting it back. 

maybe you should talk to a mechanic about it

Take it to a dealer to reset the service light.