Why can people offend me and nobody cares for my feelings?

Everyone can call me a homophóbe when i do not identify myself as such. Meanwhile i can't call a transgender woman a man because he identifies as a woman. Why are those people such hypocrites?

• Koi
    Favorite Answer

They hate us because they ain't us. 

I am very quickly running out of patience for you Kaitlin Bennet types whose only goal is to pollute what should be good-faith discourse. I will not legitimize this question by answering it, because you do not deserve to be legitimized. Leave, and let us discuss our lives and problems without you trying to make moral arguments against our existence.

• Nick

People are acting precious nowadays in an attempt to gain entitlement and special treatment. As a human your absolutely entitled to your own opinion on everything and anything, you just have to be careful where you say stuff and it what forum. 

In your question, you have misgendered us by using "he", so your claim is only trivially true and not true in spirit.  I hope you're not homophobic but it isn't up to you to say you are because that takes advantage of your privilege, whereas calling myself a woman doesn't.

• Sky

You're a homophobe, and evidently a transphobe too, because of your hateful bigoted attitude towards LGBT people.  It's a descriptive label whether you identify as such or not.  So put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

Aw don't worry, I care about your feelings!

I care because it brings me great joy seeing people like you suffer. You deserve it. :)

Answer:  

Often people treat us based on what they hear us say. 

Additional detail:

I gather from your question,  its not just one or two people who describe you this way,  therefore based on your view,   its a common thing, if that is so maybe there is something in it. 

I cant say more than that because me not knowing you,  I only have your self description in this question to work with.  

As for the transgender person.  

How do you know they are transgender, have you conducted a visual inspection?   From what you describe all you are going on is your personal assumption. 

A person you speak to describes them self as a women,  you just decided that is not the case so reject what they say.   Not all that bright.