Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 month ago

Sometimes when I sit with my feet behind me my knee “Locks” and I have to force it to unbend to walk again. What is it and how can I stop it?

-Sorry for the lack of a question mark, I was at my character limit.

To add on, it can occur with any type of sitting where my knee is close to my body and touching the ground/bench/couch, etc. My knee locks in a completely bent position, and it’s generally painful to fix it by slowly forcing my leg straight. I can feel something “click” back into place when it’s fixed. It happened earlier today and I’ve had residual pain in that knee, and it seems to get worse every time it occurs. I’m a teenager, and I’m reluctant to go to a doctor  because in the past when I went for similar joint issues I was told from the start it was “just growing pain”, and got a blood test done. 

If you’d like clarification on something or additional information I’ll be happy to add or fix it.

• Mike G

Stop sitting with your feet behind you.