Amanda
Amanda asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Why does my cat pee on my bed?

•She’s an indoor cat.

•She’s litterbox trained.

•She’s fixed.

•She’s not declawed.

•We always keep her litterbox clean & away from noisy appliances.

•There’s no down anywhere in my bed.

• Maxi
    Favorite Answer

Because of stress and/or illness and opportunity turned into a habit............. so something is stressing her and it can be as simple as frustration of not getting outside/seeing birds, or animals/people outside the window, or arguements between family members, or being shouted at for toileting on the bed. She needs a check up to make sure she doesn't have a UTI and you need to reduce access to the bedroom, as in close the door.....

I rescued a cat several years ago and she did this, as I had already had her vet checked and spayed...I put it down to a new environment, closed the bedroom doors, built a catico so she could safely go out daily........ she stands at the door in the morning waiting to go out, she has bed, toys, litter tray, water and I feed her breakfast in there and she spends all day in there regardless of the weather and plays up if I don't let her out even if it is heavy rain or snowing

She has issues with you. You made her mad. Talk to her. She knows that it's wrong. Talk to her. Then close the door & don't let her in.

First thing you need to do is bring her to the vet to check for urinary tract problems. 

If a Cat wants to get your attention, they will do something that make you look at them....I have a gray bobtail cat who has bobtail kittens and will pop the side of the couch with its claws when it wants food which makes me look at it, I usually draw the water bottle from my holster and she runs. I've learn to get them to stop any behavior, I must chase them squiring away but for peeing on the bed I really don't have an answer for it looks like the peeing on the bed is not talking to you and could be old age or she peeing on top of where you leak.....Try changing its food type or open the door and let it roam is really my answer for a cat being to lazy...I got a friend that has a male cat that is so fat, I bet its weighs twenty five pounds and the door is still open for it to roam....

• mokrie

2 posibilities. 1. she may be sick and have a kidney infection and be in pain. 2. She may be angry if you don't clean the litter box often enough or you changed her food or stopped letting her out.