(Spiritually speaking) do i have ancestors if no one close to me in my family has died ?

None of my grandmas have died, no friends, no parents, basically nobody i know of has died. ( im kinda new to spirituality and just trying match things up ) or can ancestors be people from past lives who didnt come with you in this life?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Your ancestors are further back in your family line than your grandparents (great grand parents and further back). So yes, while you may have great grandparents still living, it's VERY unlikely you have great great grandparents still living (or any other relations of that generation).

Ancestor: "a person, typically one more remote than a grandparent, from whom one is descended:"

Source(s): Oxford Dictionaries
  • 1 month ago

Ancestors can be traced all the way back to Adam and Eve.

• 1 month ago

"Ancestor" doesn't mean that the person has died.  Yes, you have ancestors.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

So you think your family just popped up like mushrooms??  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Oniously, since you had to have parents

• 1 month ago

People don't have to be dead to be your ancestors.

Unless your parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. just popped into existence one day (which I can guarantee they didn't) then you have ancestry/lineage that goes back roughly 150,000 years (the time that  anatomically modern humans appeared), then another 7 million years (when humans first branched off from a common ancestor with the great ape family), and then another 3 billion years before that (when life first originated on Earth).

There are no such thing as 'past lives'.

• sarah
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

(Ecclesiastes 9:5) 5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.

we only get one chance to make a good impression.  God has waited this long to get enough righteous people to fill the earth.  Something Adam and Eve failed to do.  So we want to be one of those righteous.  Then during judgment day it says those who died last will be resurrected first.  So we will go back through time and everyone who was righteous will come back to live again without satan.  www.jw.org

• 1 month ago

People who lived hundreds, or thousands, of years ago are your ancestors if you share a bloodline / genetic material with them.  Your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather is an ancestor to you, even though you live in separate time periods.

And your grandparents (and parents) are still your ancestors even if they are still alive.  They do not have to be dead to be your ancestors.  They just have to share a bloodline with you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes with the same name, as your Mom's last name to. look up your mom's last name and people who have that last name. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.