How comfortable are you flying during Covid? ?

My boss has asked me to fly to Tulsa Oklahoma to meet with a client out there regarding a project. I’m uncomfortable going. I’ll be out there for a week. Do you think it’s safe to fly? Can I tell my boss I’m refusing to go?  

• Sally

It is safe to fly as long as you are not flying on Boeing aircraft.  

• Kyle

does your company have an HR department? bring up the concerns with them about traveling.  my company shutdown all customer travel until the pandemic is over.

Take precautions, of course, practice excellent hygiene. Wear a mask, wash hands AND face frequently with soap & hot water. Make sure you have tissues for any sneezes, etc. Use only a carry-on bag so it is not handled through baggage people. Most airlines are taking precautions, sanitizing aircraft between flights, etc. Hotels are likewise being proactive & advertising their sanitation procedures, etc. Be pro-active yourself!

Do not risk losing your job out of fear, which is likely misplaced.

• L

The sky is falling - Chicken Little!  ALL air lines require passengers wear a mask.

• I'm not. Apparently air lines in my area, have been letting people fly home even though they've tested positive for covid 19. 

You shouldn't fly unless it's essential. If you have to fly some where, wear a mask because physical distancing can be challenging on air planes.

The air is recycled, I doubt it's filtered properly on a plane.  Also keep some hand sanitizer on you if you can't wash your hands. 

Have a chat with your boss about our concerns if you're not comfortable with flying. See if you can do the meeting virtually through zoom chats, or some other group chat app. 

I'm not comfortable at all with flying these days. The more people you get around, the higher the chances you'll get sick. Airports and planes have too many people concentrated into relatively small spaces. The problem with this particular virus is that people who don't know that they are sick and show no symptoms are out there spreading it around. You have no way of knowing exactly who to avoid, so you have to play it safe and avoid as many people as possible, with or without a mask.

• Amy

Your boss can't force you to do anything, but she can fire you if you aren't adequately doing the job. Have a discussion about your travel concerns and whether the meeting can be handled virtually.

Being inside a plane isn't super dangerous. The air is filtered and people don't move around much, so you're only breathed on by the people sitting next to you. With so few people flying, you might get empty seats around you.

The real hazard is the airport. Thousands of strangers passing through and potentially spraying virus particles on anything you touch. If you can, wear a face shield and wash/sanitize your hands frequently.

And then of course in Tulsa there will be cab rides and dining out and the meeting with whatever project staff you had to see in person.

Honestly I will do Zoom because it’s a higher chance of catching COVID-19.i wouldn’t do any traveling eating out or anything.especially people could have it without any symptoms.yes we only have like 6 million cases but it easily spreads person to person just by talking to someone.stay home if u can.

Not at all.

Every time I fly I get someone else's stupid cold.   I don't want their COVID too, thanks very much. 

Don't let your fears, ignorance and anxiety control your life as long as you protect yourself and 6 ft away and clean your area and keep supplies of sanitizers you're fine, I travel all the time and I do those things and never got sick, you just need to be proactive and do your research. 99.96% survival rate