Why is my internet speed so slow!?

CALLING ALL COMPUTER/INTERNET EXPERTS. This is my third day trying. So I am connected to a basically brand new, very expensive computer via ethernet cord. Currently my internet speed hovers between 11-32mbps. I am suppose to be getting 500mbps+. Other devices are just fine with internet speed, ran multiple tests throughout multiple devices. Plugged into the modem+router gives the same results. Plugged ethernet into my xbox and got top speeds so it cant be the cord. I've even gone as far as restarting my entire PC with everything deleted, after that as soon as i started I ran a speed test and it worked just fine, however i woke up and did another and its right back down to what it was. Called internet provider and it is not on their end. I have no idea what is going on and its very frustrating. If anybody could solve this issue for me I will be entirely grateful. 

The modem/router/cable are all top of the line and basically brand new. Also reset my network card and still no results.

I reset my computer completely which wiped my anti-virus software, tried downloading after that and the speeds were still bad.

• Lv 7

you have a faulty ethernet port. if it is a desktop, hou can buy a PCI Express LAN card, to give you another ethernet port.

or you can return the computer and get a replacement.

Malware and Spyware infection can definitely decrease PC internet speed.Install program; called Premium Malwarebytes from site:  www.malwarebytes.com.

Run scan for infections.

Try disable the anti-virus and see if that makes a difference.  It may be trying to scan everything going over the Internet and slowing it way down.  

Since you are running Windows 10 which has a built in anti-virus you do not need a third party anti-virus on the computer.

• Sandy

you need a better, faster cable/modem router. my ISP sent out a tech when I was having a similar problem. the guy said that the ISP changes routers. I had my own router, a DOCS 2.0. the ISP modem had changed to a DOCS 3.0. fortunately I had a Netgear with a DOCS 3.0. we hooked it up and no speed issues since.