Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 2 months ago

What does your local post office is making a final delivery mean?

I ordered a package and they originally shipped it to ups. However it now says your local post office is making a final delivery. Does that mean it’ll arrive today?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Possibly, I'm not sure.

What it says to me is ;- the post office has attempted to deliver it before and were not successful, so they will attempt to one more time,  then if not successful you will have to collect it yourself??

• 2 months ago

call the post office and ask about the package. final usually means if you are not there when they deliver the package, you will have to pick it up at the post office yourself with id

• 2 months ago

The Postal Service is having some troubles these days.  We've heard they're actually removing mail-sorting equipment from big post offices and letting the mail back up.  This has to do with the coming election.  You've probably read about it.

UPS and Fed Ex have a deal with the Postal Service where UPS or Fed Ex will carry your package to the closest post office to its destination, then the USPS will deliver it.  That means it could come today, or tomorrow, or whenever they are able to deliver it.

• A
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on whether or not they have received it, it could be several days

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.