Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 month ago

Copper wire and batter - how do they work together?

What would happen if I took a copper wire and coiled it around a AA battery.  We know copper is a good conductor for current. Will there be any sort of current running in the copper wire and will this be able to power anything?

coil it around the battery? nothing will happen unless you connect the ends of the wire to the battery terminals, which it seems you did not. Did you expect to see current appear by magic? or are you just a troll asking silly questions?

Connect it to the battery terminals, it will get hot (depending on the battery and the wire, it may melt) and drain the battery.

Sorry, my answer is "Anonymous" as your post is Anonymous. There is no need for an Anonymous question in this category, Most 'Anonymous' posts are trolls, maybe yours is not, but the high likelihood is there. If you post as yourself, I would be glad to help you with any problem you have.

I spend a lot of time on each problem, I just want to make sure it's for a worthwhile cause.