Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 months ago

I’m a brown skinned girl. My bf is white. He called me his chocolate delight ?

How should I take that? I take it as a compliment but is that just sexual or what? 

• Tepee
    Favorite Answer

It sounds like a term of endearment to me and you should accept his compliment with pride.

He clearly meant it as a compliment. He literally called you a delight.

Don't read to much in to a simple pet name.There's no reason to try and find faults in people and make everyone out to be racist when they clearly didn't mean it that way. It only breeds animosity. Constantly being called racist when you are not might eventually lead to exactly that.If he was racist he wouldn't be dating a brown skinned girl to begin with.

• Joe

It was a compliment. He likes your skin. 

How he meant it is something that ONLY HE knows, so if you want to know how to take it you need to find out how he meant it. And THAT means asking him, not asking us.

Quit trying to make everything racist. He is not a true white for being a race mixer. 

• y

Pet name suppose to convey positive feelings and such, like sugar plum I guess. I have never actually heard anyone use sugar plum except in the movies though. Anywho, more then sexual, pet name, loving name, whatever.

dump him. he's a racist.

• marty

I imagine he meant it as a compliment,  just not well thought out.

• Barry

It's no big deal but it is a compliment. Just call him your vanilla whirl.

• ?

Ask him, mr. anonymous.