Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 5 months ago

What are some male two sided names?

I'm trying to write a book and I need a two sided name for my main character.

Sorry that it wasn't clear enough, by two sided I mean two faced. He is protrade as the good guy but is the one causing the problems and fooling everyone.

• ?

What do you MEAN?

Click on EDIT and post an Update to explain what you're looking for. You can see that nobody is at all sure. If we don't know what  you want, we can't help you find it.

• ?

I am not familiar with the term "two-sided name", and considering that none of the other respondents seems to have any idea what you mean by it either, I'll assume that it's not the proper term for what you're asking about. Perhaps you are looking for what's called a "double barrel" or "double barreled" name, which normally refers to a pair of surnames joined together, sometimes with a hyphen and sometimes without one, such as "Ross-Denby." In some places, notably the USA, many people bestow double-barrel given names on their kids, so you meet plenty of people called "Jimmy Ray" or "Emma Rose." 

• Lomax

Janus?

Janus was the Roman god of doorways, also of beginnings and endings. He is depicted as having two faces, looking in opposite directions. January is named after him. 

What about "Mr. Heads 'n' Tails"? During the day he could be a mild-mannered accountant called "Colin" (Heads) who uses his head counting other peoples' money but at night he transforms into "Foxy Freddy" (Tails) when he dons his full furry fox costume and dances the night away at the "Pervy Fur Bar"?

• Marli

Do you mean gender neutral names of both men and women, like Leslie/Lesley, Madison, Dallas, Marion (not Marian.  I knew a woman named Marion)?

I have no idea what you mean by the term "two sided name." Can you explain and give some examples?

Without knowing the term, I can only guess you mean names like Robert=Bob, or John=Jack.