Someone once told me reading a fiction book is just junk reading. Is it correct? What do we get apart from entertainment?

• Zac Z
    Favorite Answer

I like answer of Anonymous.

I don't think "Someone" was right. You get more than just entertainment. You'll expand your vocabulary, improve your spelling, depending on the type of fiction you might learn something about other cultures or other times.

But frankly, even without any of the above, I'd still unashamedly read all the fictions I'd love to read. I don't see what's wrong with entertainment.

If some people sneer at fiction, believe it to be worthless and beneath them - I don't care. They don't need to read fiction.

But I'll keep reading it. I'm reading fiction for myself, not for others.

• Tina

I would ask whoever said that to look me in the eye and tell me we get 'entertainment' from "War and Peace" or "Moby-Dick."

If you believe everything you are told, I could tell you anything I want and you'd believe me. It's time you learned how to think for yourself. If non-fiction hasn't helped you learn how to do that, maybe you should read some fiction.