Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Was it rude of me to tell this unmarried couple it's an abomination to bear children outside of the holy matrimony of marriage?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

yes.

God's commandment was "go forth and be fruitful". 

And there was "no holy matrimony of marriage" (shudder at the language) until so-called civilization created priests in one form or another.                       

• 1 month ago

Yes and it is none of your business.

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

What others do is NONE of your business.  I know tons of unmarried couples having children together...........as long as they love the kids and do the right thing - NOTHING wrong.

• 1 month ago

if you are a God than it is not rude. If you are not God than it is inappropriate

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Of course it was rude, but then trolls are rude deliberately, aren't they?

So why bother asking us?

• 1 month ago

Who married Adam and Eve?

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yeah, that's kinda none of your business. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes, cause its really not your business and you cant stop them

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, it was rude to use words such as 'abomination' unless you knew the people very well, and you knew that they were aware of your religious beliefs in detail.  Does your religion not tell you to be polite in all your dealings with other humans? You can tell people that your religion does not approve of some human actions, but please do it politely.

And, please, get your teacher of English to tell you how to use the words 'matrimony' and 'marriage'. See, I used 'please', politely.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes. 39.6% of babies born in the USA are to unmarried women. The Bible doesn't have it among the 8 Hebrew words translated to abomination and about 50 different abominations. So, it's a lie, and its rude, because in the USA it is now morally acceptable. Since it shows you to be a fool, they are authorized to be rude to you in response. You are applying your personal judgement where it is not warranted.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.