Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Is this sleep paralysis or not?

Sometimes when I’m sleeping, I’ll suddenly “wake up”. It feels like sleep paralysis, except I don’t think it is because I’ve had it multiple times before and I could hear voices, see my surroundings, and can’t move, but that’s not what’s happening in this case. I also thought maybe it was some kind of seizure but I looked up what a nighttime seizure is like and none of the signs of a seizure apply to me. The reason I brought up sleep paralysis and seizures is because whatever is happening to me feels like a mixture of these two. Like I’ll wake up, except I can’t really see anything, in fact I can’t control my eyes it’s like I can’t even wake up completely as much as I try. And the “seizure” part comes in when I feel like I’m moving out of my control but since I’m not fully awake and not fully asleep I can’t tell if it’s actually happening or if it’s all in my head. It feels very real though. While this is happening I also feel my heart rate go up a lot every single time and I start to panic and try to wake up but can’t. This only happens for what feels like a minute or so, and then I’ll actually wake up because of how panicked I am. And this only happens maybe once every few days or so. I’d also like to point out that I’m a very anxious person, and while I’m not professionally diagnosed yet I do have a lot of symptoms of an anxiety disorder, knowing that sleep paralysis directly ties in with anxiety.

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.